AIBI EP950 Inversion Table
Inversion therapy puts gravity to work for you by placing your body in line to relieve many forms of back and neck pain. In addition, it re-hydrates discs, reduces nerve pressure, realign weight bearing skeleton and rejuvenate joint flexibility and range of movement.
Certified Quality: Only Teeter meets the NEW UL® 1647 standard. Unlike previous UL certifications, the new standard is designed to test the unique function of the inversion table and simulate "real world" use, evaluating key safety factors such as:
- Cycle testing to a minimum of 30,000 repetitions
- Weight load testing to a minimum 400% safety factor
- Ankle closure endurance testing to a minimum of 30,000 repetitions
- Top-speed rotation testing at the maximum rated user weight to ensure integrity under extreme conditions.
Top Rated: In a report by an engineering group evaluating top brand inversion tables against the UL 1647 requirements, Teeter Hang Ups® was rated #1 across all categories. During a test to simulate actual use, Teeter cycled for over 25 years of use by a family of two without failure while all others suffered catastrophic failure resulting from broken or torn metal at less than 2 ½ years. In the weight load test, Teeter held 4.8 times is rated weight capacity without failure while one brand collapsed under a load of only 180 lbs and the strongest at just 1.5 times its rated user weight!
- Relieve Back Pain
- Reduce Stress
- Stimulate Blood Circulation
- Improve Lymph Flow for a Stronger Immune System
- Supply Oxygen to the Brain
- Reduce the effects of Ageing Caused by Gravity
- Enable the Body to Stretch
- Correct Minor Skeletal Misalignments
- Reduce Muscle Pain
- Provide Balance and Orientation Training
The EP-950 includes all the features of the EP-550, plus:
- Ratchet Ankle Lock System: The extended handle for the ankle lock system provides an easy-to-reach solution in addition to its triple lock security feature.
- Ergo-Embrace Ankle SystemTM: Pressure-reducing specialty foam cups surround the ankles while the patented ankle closure system distributes body weight comfortably around the foot and heel. This design greatly reduces ankle discomfort to allow for a relaxing and secure user experience.
- EZ StretchTM Traction Handles: With the muscles in your lower back relaxed, pushing on the handles can help to increase traction and enhance your stretching experience. The handles can also be used as a tool for intermittent traction and oscillation.
- Over EZTM Handles: Larger padded support handles assist during inversion and ascent.
- Pre-set Rotation Control: The EZ AngleTM Tether Strap is a unique feature that allows pre-set angles at 20, 40 or 60 degrees and provides an easy guide to where the benefits of inversion begin and are fully realized.
- Robust Medical-Grade Frame
- Optimum Decompression Surface:
The smooth surface reduces friction, allowing the body to slide and achieve the optimum decompressive stretch; Plastic injection-molded construction is more durable than typical nylon or vinyl beds vulnerable to wear and tear. The easy-to-clean surface ensures pristine appearance over years of use.
- Flex Technology:
Our patented design moves with you, accommodating stretches for greater range of motion. Movement while inverted encourages realignment and relaxes muscles. An adjustable pillow keeps it comfy
Folds in just a few seconds to 28" x 16" x 66" (71 x 41 x 168 cm).
- Head Pillow:
Rest your head on this pillow and relax while inverted; removable and adjustable
- Precision Balancing:
Compared with competing brands, engineering tests have shown that Teeter inversion tables are the most precisely balanced to allow controlled lockout in full inversion
- Pre-set Rotation Control:
The adjustable or removable tether strap allows you to easily pre-determine your maximum angle of inversion
- Stable Base (and added floor protection):
Corner feet increase the A-frame base by 20%, and reduce sliding
- Unique and Patented Security Features:
Auto-locking hinges, cam locks, and heat-treated steel parts create a product that is more secure and more reliable
- High Quality Finishes:
Features scratch-resistant powder coating and triple-plated chrome.
- Smooth, Quiet Rotation:
A de-rattler knob and specialized pivot bearings ensure a lifetime of squeak and rattle-free rotation
- Height Capacity: 4'8" - 6'6"
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Assembled Footprint: 64" x 29" x 61"
- In-Use Dimensions at Max Height Setting: 83" x 29" x 88"
- Assembled Weight: 78 lbs
- Warranty: 5-year
- U.S. and foreign patents apply. Other foreign patents pending.
5-YEAR WARRANTY During the period starting with the day of retail purchase and continuing for five (5) years, EP-950 extends to the owner a repair and replacement warranty against manufacturing defects in materials, workmanship, fabrics and padding.
HANDLING AND TRANSPORTATION COSTS ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY, AND ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from improper handling, assembly, or installation, repairs made by others, accident, misuse, or abuse. Under no circumstances shall EP-950, or any other party involved in the sale of this product, have any liability for incidental or consequential damage arising from breach of an express or implied warranty on any EP-950 product.
The sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty is repair or replacement. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY EP-950 PRODUCT, AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED. This warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA. To the extent this warranty is found not to be enforceable, it shall be deemed revised to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. This warranty and any controversy or claim arising out of this warranty or its interpretation shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this warranty, its interpretation, or any alleged breach thereof, which cannot be amicably settled between EP-950 and the owner within sixty (60) days of written notice by the aggrieved party to the other, shall be finally settled by binding arbitration submitted to three (3) arbitrators selected from the panels of the arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association located closest to EP-950 principal place of business, with each party to pay its own costs.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damage from a warranty, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Inverting with a Teeter inversion table can provide innumerable benefits to your health. Inversion can reduce back pain, decompress the spine, stretch muscles, relieve stress, improve circulation, and help maintain a state of functional fitness.
However, as much as they may be a way of how to relieve back pain, a back stretcher or inversion table is not for everyone. If you have any of the following health conditions, please do not invert without the approval of your licensed physician (this is not an exhaustive list; it is intended only for your reference.)
- Anti-Coagulants (Use of)
Blood-thinning drugs or aspirin to reduce clotting of the arteries and blood vessels. The use of anti-coagulants signals people at risk for circulatory problems.
- Bone weakness, recent fractures, skeletal implants
Inversion may exacerbate these conditions.
- Conjunctivitis - (Pink eye)
An inflammation of the transparent membrane that covers the front surface of the eyeball and the inner surface of the eyelids caused by bacterial or viral infection.
A condition of elevated pressure within the eye because of an obstruction of the outflow of the clear, watery fluid circulating in the chambers of the eye. The resulting pressure (which is imperceptible without an eye exam) kills cells in the optic nerve, which can lead to a gradual loss of vision.
- Heart / circulatory disorders
Any condition involving the circulatory system.
- Hiatal hernia, ventral hernia
A hiatal hernia occurs when intra-abdominal pressure increases cause a portion of the stomach to move into the chest cavity through a weakness in the diaphragm. A ventral hernia develops at the site of previous surgery, usually along vertical incisions. It may also result from weakness in the abdominal wall.
- Middle ear infection
The middle ear helps equalize air pressure in the ear. A person may feel discomfort or disorientation during inversion.
Pregnant women should exercise caution when inverting.
- Retinal detachment
A separation of the retina, the thin, delicate membrane covering the rear portion of the eye, from the optic nerve. Usually results from a hole in the retina that allows the vitreous humor fluid to leak. Treatment is almost always surgical. A retinal hemorrhage, in most cases, can heal by itself.
- Spinal injury
Any severe spinal cord trauma requires a person to consult their physician before inverting.
Occurs when a blood vessel in the neck or brain becomes blocked or when a vessel in the brain bursts open. Symptoms include paralysis, difficulty speaking, memory loss, and impaired thought processes.
- Transient ischemic Attack
Often called a "ministroke," a TIA occurs when the blood supply is temporarily interrupted to a part of the brain due to a blockage. Often precedes the onset of a full stroke, and requires immediate action.
If you are still not sure if you are a candidate for inversion, we encourage you to print this page and consult with your doctor.
Medical Studies on Inversion Therapy
Published Medical Studies Show Promise in the Field of Inversion
Researchers have noted:
- Patients who were unable to work due to back pain could return to work after using inversion
- Inversion reduces the need for sciatica back surgery
- Inverted traction is more effective than mechanical traction machines found in doctor's offices
- Inversion increases spinal length
- Inversion reduces EMG activity (an indicator of muscle pain)
- Inverted traction decompresses the lumbar area
- Rhythmic traction can lower blood pressure
- Inversion reduces disc pressure
Important Medical Studies Relating to How Inversion Could Benefit You
- Inversion Therapy in Patients with Pure Single Level Discogenic Disease: a pilot randomized trial.
Manjunath Prasad KS, Gregson BA, Hargreaves G, Byrnes T, Mendelow AD. Regional Neurosciences Centre, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK. Patients who were told they needed sciatic operations were divided into two groups. One group regularly practiced inversion therapy along with regular physiotherapy, while the other practiced physiotherapy alone. Authors stated, "Inversion therapy decreased the need for an operation in sciatica due to single level disc protrusion to 23% as compared to 78% in the non-inversion group."
The results showed that patients who practiced inversion were 70.5% less likely to require surgery.
- Sheffield, F.: Adaptation of Tilt Table for Lumbar Traction. Arch Phys Med Rehabilitation; 45: 469-472, 1964
175 patients who were unable to work due to back pain were treated. After eight inversion treatments, 155 patients were able to return to their jobs full time. Study concluded that the main basis for improvement was the stretching of paraspinal vertebral muscles and ligaments and possibly the widening of intravertebral discs.
Study found significant improvements in a variety of diagnosis including spondylolisthesis, herniated discs, lumbar osteoarthritis with sciatica, and coccygodynia. Patient experienced traction in a modified hip flexed position.
It is worth noting that previous to his use of inversion therapy, Dr. Sheffield regularly used mechanical traction with weights and pulleys. He considered inverted traction much more effective than mechanical traction.
- Nosse, L.: Inverted Spinal Traction. Arch Phys Med Rehabilitation; 59: 367-370, Aug 78.
Study found EMG activity (an indicator of muscle pain) declined 35% within the first 10 seconds of inversion. Study found that inversion increases the spinal length. Study concluded there is a correlation between a reduction in EMG activity and an increase in spinal length.
- Gianakopoulos, G, et al: Inversion Devices: Their Role in Producing Lumbar Distraction. Arch Phys Med Rehabilitation; 66: 100-102, Feb 85.
Study found all subjects experienced intravertebral separation in the lower lumbar vertebrae. Study concluded that although mechanical traction has been used for centuries, only gravity-assisted traction (inversion) offers an effective means of achieving pelvic traction at home.
- Ballantyne, Byron, et al: The Effects of Inversion Traction on Spinal Column Configuration, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, and Perceived Discomfort. Jour. of Orthopedic Sports Phys. Ther. 254-260, Mar 86.
Study concluded that inversion can be an effective means of spinal traction. Subjects inverting in the hip flexed position experienced greater separation between the lumbar vertebrae.
- Kane, M, et al: Effects of Gravity-facilitated Traction on Intravertebral Dimensions of the Lumbar Spine. Jour of Orthopedic and Sports Phys Ther. 281-288, Mar 85.
Study found gravity-facilitated traction (inversion), produces significant intravertebral separation in lumbar spine. Study concluded gravity facilitated traction may be an effective modality in the relief of low back pain.
- Goldman, R, et al: The Effects of Oscillating Inversion on Systemic Blood Pressure, Pulse, Intraocular Pressure, and Central Retinal Arterial Pressure. The Physician and Sports Medicine. 13: 93-96, Mar 85.
Study concluded that full inversion using oscillation procedure presents no risk to normotensive healthy subjects.
- Dimberg, L, et al: Effects of gravity-facilitated traction of the lumbar spine in persons with chronic low back pain at the workplace.
116 people were enrolled in the randomized controlled trial which lasted for 12 months. A randomized controlled trial with two training groups and one control group was conducted to asses the effect of gravity inversion on pain level and absenteeism due to LBP.
- Average age = 44 years. 77% men
- Group 1: used inversion for 10 minutes 1/day
- Group 2: used inversion for 10 minutes 2/day
- Group 3: control group
- Nachemson, Alf, et al: Intravital Dynamic Pressure Measurements in Lumbar Discs. 1970.
Study measured internal disc pressure (in the 3rd lumbar disc) through a range of activities, including standing, sitting, bending and vertical and supine traction. The study suggests that a traction load of 60% body weight is sufficient to reduce the residual pressure of 25% standing body weight to zero.
I use the inversion table about three to four times per week now and I would say I am 90% pain free most of the time and 99% pain free for the remainder of the time. I rarely take pills anymore if at all. I play golf again which is something I thought I would never do again, but more importantly, I can play with my three year old son which is a blessing to me. The Teeter Inversion Table is the best thing I own. It saved my life. I am 6'4" and still close to 300 lbs. and I have no problems or fear of inverting on the table and hanging upside down. I recommend the Teeter Inversion Table to anyone suffering with back pain. Do yourself, your back and your family a favor and get one. Make your life normal again.
M. Rabiner, North Vancouver, BC
Our son hurt his back and had heard about your Hang Ups. I knew my two brothers each had one and thought maybe we could borrow one to try out. Well, it seems they couldn't or wouldn't want to do without theirs, because they use them every day. My son bought one and thought it helped him. My husband has had a bad back for years, so my husband tried the one my son bought. Well, he thought it helped, so we bought one too! We live very close to each other, about 500 feet away. I guess he didn't want to borrow. Well, we now have our own, and I also use it on occasion. My husband used to get up in the morning, and was very bent over. He really walked looking at the floor. Now he stands much straighter. Our children even commented on the fact that he wasn't so hunched over. I am not saying it has miraculously cured him, but he is much better! Thank you!
I first inverted at my Chiropractor and received such a dramatic result that day, that I got on the internet and came to the conclusion that the Teeter Hang Ups was the best out there. After buying and receiving the F5000, I was TOTALLY impressed with the QUALITY of the product, packaging, and materials. I am an electrical engineer, so it is hard to please me in this regard! I have a recently diagnosed herniated L4/L5 disk and have had low back problems for 20 or so years, so I have been looking for alternatives to surgery and a way to reduce/eliminate my need for pain medication. Since using the F5000 for almost 3 weeks, I have found that my pain has significantly reduced (Sciatica mostly) and I am able to do more than I have in the last several months. I use the table once a day (right before bedtime) for about 5-10 minutes and have been doing some of the stretching (at full inversion) shown on the DVD. I am able to relax much more quickly now and am looking forward to the long-term benefits that this form of exercise affords. Thanks so much, Teeter!
K. Anderson, Monday, January 02, 2006
"Hanging a few minutes everyday made my back stronger and eventually all the pain disappeared! My back became stronger than it had ever been. I began exercising, including walking and jogging, with no back strains resulting. Today I am 55 years old, my posture is good, and I am healed. The daily inversion stimulated postural and circulatory changes in my body. Better posture was practiced, (standing straighter with thighs tightened and shoulders back). This caused my abdomen to flatten out- no sit-ups or crunches. Other physical changes occurred: My complexion improved and wrinkles and fleshy parts of my face and neck diminished!"
When inversion is coupled with posture and toning exercises, internal organs assume their proper position. For example, from left to right, the spleen, stomach, pancreas, liver, and gall bladder are supposed to rest just under the diaphragm and "move" with every breath. When organs are not in their best physiological position, these membranes are compromised, effecting nerve and blood flow."
Dr. Nathaniel Wirt, D.C.
"We have found significant improvement using various inversion techniques which needs further exploration. However, we are very excited about the results thus far. After two weeks on the inversion table on a daily basis urinary incontinence disappeared in two female patients. We have used the inversion table on chronic bronchitis as well as asthmatics."
Dr. Robert Bouvier, MD
|Details of the Deal||N/A|