SLENDERTONE Premium Arms Female
• Tone the muscles, firm the arms
• 99 intensity levels
• 3 triceps programmes
• Results in 6 weeks
• Requires Slendertone Controller(sold separately)
• This product will fit an arm circumference range between 22-37cm
Slendertone Arms Female Accessory has been specifically developed to activate the triceps (triceps brachii) to ensure your underarm area is firm and toned. If you want to look great in a sleeveless top, dress or on the beach, then our advanced arm toning is an easy way to get the look you want. By replicating arm toning exercises through its advanced, clinically proven, EMS toning technology it focuses exclusively on the triceps to deliver a thorough workout to this region. Use 5 times a week for just 4 weeks for a guaranteed improvement in upper arm definition and help reduce those bingo wings that are so difficult to tone.
All Slendertone products use EMS toning technology, which works by sending signals to your nerves to contract and relax your muscles, similar to regular toning exercise. This EMS technology is often used in medical institutions around the world to strengthen and rehabilitate muscles, so you can be confident it works!
Independent clinical trial* shows:
• 89% of subjects reported their arms were more defined
• 72% reported that their arm muscles were firmer
* Trial conducted by Dr Allan Donnelly at the University of Limerick, Ireland, 2007
Slendertone Arms Female Accessory features:
• Patented EMS technology
• 3 muscle toning and development programmes
• 'Warm up' and 'cool down' phases
• Up to 99 intensity levels
• Certified to medical safety standards
• Requires rechargeable and interchangeable System Controller (available separately) that also works with Slendertone Abs and Slendertone Bottom.
What's in the box:
• Slendertone Arms Female Accessory
• 4 x hydrogel electrodes (pads)
• Instruction manual
• Travel pouch.
The triceps brachii has three separate tendon origins (known as the long, lateral and medial heads) on the bony architecture of the scapular (shoulder blade) and the humerus . The triceps primary role is that of a powerful extensor (straightener) of the elbow joint, but it can also fixate the forearm so as to allow the hand to carry out skilled and intricate tasks. Because of the long heads's origin on the scapula the triceps also influence shoulder extension.
Many gym goers tend to neglect the triceps muscle in their training schedule, preferring instead to concentrate on developing the more aesthetically pleasing biceps muscle, and this is why Slendertone Arms Female Accessory targets just the triceps, the area most women find harder to tone. Focusing on the biceps muscle is a mistake as a contracting muscle is reliant on the opposing muscle working to counteract its pull so that a smooth co-ordinated action around the targeted joint can occur.
This effect is known as agonist and antagonist contraction and, if disturbed, results in a muscle imbalance leading to movement dysfunction and eventually pain. Muscles which do not receive regular exercise at a sufficient intensity will also rapidly lose their tone with the muscle fibers being replaced eventually with fatty tissue.